Samba Weird One

Langsteiner Martin ZFF IE-F martin.langsteiner at zf-group.de
Fri Aug 7 06:20:02 GMT 1998

On Wednesday, 5 Aug 1998 14:31:16, Edward Garbowski, Jr. wrote:

> if steve logs onto the SABINMETAL domain, he cannot get to the Unix
server
> through network neighboorhood.
> if steve logs onto the HELM domain, he can get to the Unix server, but
he
> can't map his home directory.

Only a hint, not the solution:
I know this effect. On our NT machines, there is a difference between
logging in as a local user (with the domain name set to the machine
name), or logging in as a network domain user. To NT4, it seems, these
are two different users. This may sometimes be a BIG difference, so if
the local user has administrator privileges, but the domain user doesn't

Regards,
Martin