NT4 performance in Netware primary login.

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Tue Aug 4 16:18:55 GMT 1998

You wrote:
| Samba performance from NT 4 machines is VERY slow.
| Many orders of magnitude slower than W95 which is
| very good.

	Hmmn: I wonder if theere is a wait-and-timeout
	cycle on NT that isn't on W95???

	Do a copy of a really tiny file: it it takes
		a long time
		about the same time as a typical-size file
	then something on the NT client side is acting up:
	there are known problems with binding netbios which
	cause similar symptoms...

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb at hobbes.ss.org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb