getting samba to open a fifo without removing it?

Antti-Pekka Liedes apl at mail.cs.hut.fi
Mon Aug 3 20:56:11 GMT 1998

I have made a fifo to my linux samba server, and trying to open it for
writing from my NT, a samba client, with the NT backup software, but every
time the file (fifo) is removed before it's opened, so instead of writing to
a fifo, samba creates a new regular file.  Is there any easy way to go
around this, without tweaking smbd sources?  What I want is to open a file
from NT and get all that is written directed to a process in the linux box,
so that I can make a file backup that is actually piped to an ssh.

--
Antti-Pekka Liedes  *         apl at IRC        *  There's no sign of the
JMT 6 B 406         *        apl at iki.fi      *  morning coming, you've been