Case sensitivity and Win95

Tim Wilson tdw_news at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:45:49 GMT 1998

The company I work for uses samba to allow access to Unix files from PCs
running Windows 95.

When I create a file from my PC on the samba drive with a name including
upper case letters, the name is forced into all lower case: I cannot
create a file name containing an upper case letter.  From Unix, I can
create (and see from my PC) mixed-case file names.

I asked my system administrator whether he could configure samba to
allow mixed-case files, but he says "no: it is a property of Windows
95".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Tim Wilson