won't sync browse lists accross subnet

Jeff Newton Jeff_Newton at pmc-sierra.com
Fri Apr 24 17:50:21 GMT 1998

Folks,

I'm confused with those whole samba/security thing.  I'm running the
latest SAMBA without encryption and default share security.  As a
result, I can't get my NT PDC to sync browse lists with my samba
server, which is on a different subnet.  I get the following error in
log.nmb:

sync_browse_lists: NT-SERVER0 rejected the browse sync sessionsetup

My goal is to force those who want to access their unix home to use
their unix password.  All other samba auth should use the PDC.  Since
I don't know if I can have the best of both worlds, I just went with
the default security.

Any help that would help me clear the fog would be MUCH appreciated.

As I am not subscribed to the list, please cc me directly.

> Here is my smb.conf:
>
> [global]
>
>    workgroup = pmc_nt
>    comment = Samba Server
>    browseable = yes
>    netbios name = nt-nfs
>    autoservices = homes
>    server string = PMC Samba Server
>     log file = /home/cs/admin/solaris/samba/var/log.%m
>     max log size = 50
>     short preserve case = yes
>     preserve case = yes
>    lock directory = /tmp/samba