Am I being hacked?

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Thu Apr 23 19:00:27 GMT 1998

I am seeing a BUNCH of these type of messages in my log.nmb file.  the IP
address varies, with only 2 different ones showing up.

process_node_status_request: status request for name *<00> from IP 206.139.7.109
 on subnet REMOTE_BROADCAST_SUBNET - name not found.

The other IP address is 192.68.22.214

Unfortunately, the log does not have time stamps, so I don't know when
this is happening.  Neither of these networks are mine (an nslookup shows
lbb.ofthe.net - a local Internet Service Provider and host214.melita.com a
company in Georgia - we are in Texas).

So, my question - what EXACTLY does this message mean?  No, I don't have
ports 137 and 139 blocked, but I supposed I should...

=== Tim

|  Tim Winders, CNE, MCP         |  Email:  TWinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |