Samba + NIS + Dec Unix + enhanced security?

Dave Thompson, Sys Admin Supvr dave_t%swfwmd at EPIC66.DEP.STATE.FL.US
Thu Apr 23 12:51:29 GMT 1998

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 IN%"dkirk at suhep.phy.syr.edu"@EPIC66 wrote:

|Does anyone have any exposure with Samba and DEC unix?

Yep, we're running it on our DEC UNIX boxes with no problems.

|Can you run enhanced security on DEC and access those users/passwords with
|Samba?
Yep again. There's a compile option that needs to be un-commented if
you're running enhanced security. When I switched to enhanced security, I
just needed to recompile with the new options and restart the samba
daemons.

|How about with NIS?
Don't know about this one. I don't use NIS here. In the Makefile, there's
also some stuff that looks like you can un-comment to use NIS.

|Thanks!
|Dan

 Dave Thompson                         |          Voice: (813) 985-7481 x2316
 System Administration Supervisor      |           8:00a - 4:30p Eastern, M-F
 Southwest Florida Water Mgmt District |                  FAX: (813) 987-6748
 7601 Highway 301 North                | dave_t%swfwmd at epic66.dep.state.fl.us
 Tampa, Florida 33637                  |   http://www.dep.state.fl.us/swfwmd/