NT 4.0 Small Probs

Andrew Gordon a.gordon at compserv.gla.ac.uk
Thu Apr 23 11:10:20 GMT 1998

We have a fairly large Samba/Win95 installation.  We are currently putting
some NT 4.0 Workstation Machines.  However we seem to be having a few small
problems.  First of all printing  on some machines comes up with an error
about the wrong syntax when you try to print even though the printer setup
goes 'smoothly'.
Second, sometimes connecting persistent shares fails with a couldn't find
share error message.  This could be linked to a timeout but with two
machines in the same office, one has had both of these problems and the
other has not.  Has anyone else experienced any of these and more
importantly did they solve them.

Andrew Gordon
The Computing Service
University of Glasgow