Debugging WINS name resolution

Billinghurst, David David.Billinghurst at riotinto.com.au
Thu Apr 23 05:28:27 GMT 1998

I am having trouble with a WINS server, which seems to be returning an
incorrect ip address.  At there any utilities to debug the name
resolution process step by step, either from Unix, win95 or winnt.

I can work around the problem by using a different WINS server or a
lmhosts file, which convinces me it is broken, but our PC support people
would prefer more direct proof of failure.

(Mr) David Billinghurst
Comalco Research
PO Box 316, Thomastown, Vic, Australia, 3074
Phone:	+61 3 9469 0642
FAX:	+61 3 9462 2700
Email:	David.Billinghurst at riotinto.com.au