Browsing across subnets - network star configuration

Graham Leggett graham at vwv.com
Tue Apr 21 11:26:15 GMT 1998

Hi all,

I am trying to find a setup for browsing across subnets, however the
BROWSER.txt document doesn't cover this situation:

I have a network in a star configuration with a Linux machine acting as
a router in the middle.

                             ----------------
                             | Linux Router |
                             ----------------
                               |     |     |
             network B -----------   |    ------------ network C
     network A -------------------------

I want machines on all three networks to be browsable to each other
across the 3 subnets - BUT - I want (if possible) for both the WINS
server, and the domain master browser, to live on the Linux router box.

Considering that the Linux router is already common to all three
networks, is it really necessary to configure a domain master browser?

How would I configure this?

Regards,
Graham
graham at vwv.com			"There's a moon