Printers print...don't print...print...don't print...

SI-Gaetan Boudreau boudreg at IRCM.UMontreal.CA
Mon Apr 20 19:19:03 GMT 1998

Hi Samba admins,

I have a mysterious problems with printers.

When you are in a Windows application and you click on the icon to
print, you get no error messages anywhere but no paper output.  You just
click again (sometime you have to repeat twice) and finally it prints
(one copy).

It happens to everyone on all PC on all printers.
PC are Windows 95, printers are network HP Laserjets setup with jetadmin
on 2 differents Sun Sparc20.

This has started to happen since I upgraded one of the Sun (the NIS+
root-master) from Solaris 2.5.1 to Solaris 2.6.

I haven't change anything in Samba (1.9.18p3).  But I know the printing
system has change in the Solaris version.

In my smb.conf file I only have this regarding the printers:
load printers = yes
printcap name = /opt/samba/lib/printers
printing = sysv

where /opt/samba/lib/printers is:
sclhp4m|
sekhp5n|
sekhp5n2|
sihp4m

Any hints would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Gaetan Boudreau, ing/P.Eng.
Administrateur de reseau/Network Administrator
IRCM (Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal/
      Clinical Research Institute of Montreal)

tel: 514-987-5563   fax: 514-987-5644
Internet E-Mail: Gaetan_Boudreau at IRCM.UMontreal.CA
Internet Web Site: http://www.ircm.umontreal.ca