LPRng, Solaris, & Samba

Craig Huckabee huck at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 15 23:31:41 GMT 1998

  I'm curious if anyone else using LPRng, Solaris 2.5.1, and Samba 1.9.18p4
  has run into this problem :

  Certain print queues cannot be viewed, no matter what.  You can double
  click the printer from an NT 4.0 client to display the queue, and it will
  either open and close instantly after that, or it will grind for a few
  moments with "<Refreshing>" in the queue title bar then close.
  This happens with no documents in the queue as well as with a full queue.

  Other queues display fine for a while, then close suddenly for no reason.

  I've made a few runs with a debug level of 10 but nothing gets put in the
  logs.

  Anybody got a similar setup with NT 4.0 clients ?

  Thanks,
  Craig

Craig Huckabee 				E-Mail : huck at cs.wisc.edu
Computer Systems Lab, Computer Sciences Department
University of Wisconsin-Madison
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~huck/