File locking issues? Has it been a problem for you?

Philip Hallstrom philip at sierra.com
Tue Apr 14 22:33:18 GMT 1998

Hi all-
	I'm new to both these lists so if this isn't the right place,
point me in the right direction.

I've got a Sun that I want to use for file services for our desktops (Mac,
W95).  I was planning on using netatalk and samba until I thought about
the lack of file locking b/n the two.
	So, I started looking at other options (like Syntax's Totalnet),
but it's quite a bit of money just for file locking :)

My question is - for those of you who run both samba and netatalk have you
had problems with files getting corrupted due to lack of file locking?

If I get enough requests I'll summarize the results.

Thanks!

-philip

--
Philip Hallstrom                Technical Director
philip.hallstrom at sierra.com     Sierra Online Services