No subject

John LeSueur rjl26 at email.byu.edu
Wed Apr 15 05:46:55 GMT 1998

Is there a way to connect to a win95 computer using only their ip
address?  I am on a large network on a college campus.  I figured out
how to look up the ip addresses of other smb servers, but haven't found
out how to figure out the net bios names.  Just trying to connect to one
of the computers that I know exists on the network using their netbios
name does not work, and using their hostnames does not work either.  I
could tell you more about what I've tried if you're interested, but I
figure I've said enough for one email.  thanks for your help so far.(the
diagnosis page helps a lot)