Printer queue problem (LPRng 3.4.2, Samba 1.9.18p4, Solaris 2.5.1/2.6)

Sbragion Denis infotecn at tin.it
Wed Apr 15 06:46:10 GMT 1998

Hello,

>I've been having a problem with Win95 clients watching a printer queue on
>the Samba server (called labserv2).  labserv2 is a Solaris 2.5.1 machine
>running samba 1.9.18p4.  The printing system is LPRng 3.4.2.
>
>A user can watch the printer queue from a Win95 client machine.  However,
>when the printer queue gets backed up (usually about 12 jobs), the queue
>Does anybody have any clues?

here we have exactly the same problem. Already tested with different
version of lprng. Already reported to samba bugs. The only solution I found
is the following one (under Linux):

lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P %p | /bin/head -15

Of course using this command you'll see only the first 10 jobs in the
printer queue.

Hope it helps !

	Dr. Sbragion Denis
	InfoTecna