Inforworld Article on Samba

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Tue Apr 14 19:00:53 GMT 1998

Hi all,

	Inforworld (that's a rather large computer
magazine is the USA) are thinking of doing an article
on people using Samba to replace/supplement NT servers
in commercial organizations within the USA.

I told their editor I'd send out this request for
people who fit the following criteria to send in
their details :

They need people who are :

(a). USA Based.
(b). Using Samba but *not* in a high-tech company
(sorry guys, that means our sites in
SGI/Cisco/Sun/HP/SGI are out).
(c). The larger the number of users the better
(more than 100 concurrent users please).
(d). *Preferably* (but not required) are not
an educational establishment (ie. Mount Allison
University please apply :-).
(e). And it's an added bonus if they are using
Linux.

Sorry for the narrowness of the criteria, but
it's theirs, not mine :-).

You need to be willing to talk about the use
of Samba in your organization, and it's co-existance
with (or replacement of) NT.

If you fit the criteria, and are willing to
contribute to the story, please send your
Name, email, daytime phone number, site details
and contact info to me at :

   jallison at whistle.com

and I'll forward them to the senior infoworld
editor who's putting the article together.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.