Printing to Unix Printers w/ Samba

William C. Regli wregli at mcs.drexel.edu
Sat Apr 11 01:53:33 GMT 1998

Hello All:

I have sucessfully gotten Samba running with NT 4.0 SP3 across 2 NT
workstations an a Sun Ultra running Solaris 2.6.  We can share files, no
problem.  We have the latest version of Samba 1.9.18p4.

Printing: problem.

We've tried a bunch of things: NT sees the printer, it can even watch it
spool when a unix-side user prints to it.  But, if we try to print from NT,
printing to the unix printer or dragging files onto it we get cryptic
errors.

Can't write to directory, operation failed, etc.

We've followed all the instructions and we even have the Samba book!  The
spool directory is set up right, printer working....

Any ideas?

Thanks!
William C. Regli, Ph.D.              wregli at mcs.drexel.edu
Drexel University                    http://www.mcs.drexel.edu/~wregli
Mathematics and Computer Science     Tel: + 1 (215) 895 - 6827
32nd and Chestnut Streets            Fax: + 1 (215) 895 - 1582
Philadelphia, PA 19104