Samba as an Open Source case study

Dan Shearer dshearer at spri.levels.unisa.edu.au
Wed Apr 8 07:32:42 GMT 1998

At http://www.opensource.org there is a quite powerful evolving argument
putting the case of Open Source software (thanks, Netscape :) As part of
this there is the beginnings of a collection of case studies. They are
obviously looking for high-quality stories along the lines of "I had this
brand-name software and I replaced it with free XYZ and I've never looked
back."

If you are a Samba site that ticked "Samba has replaced the ... OS" box in
the Samba survey (have you filled in the survey yet?  go to
http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/survey quick!) and you would like to
showcase your installation, have a read of
http://www.opensource.org/cases.html and start writing.

--
 Dan Shearer                            email: Dan.Shearer at UniSA.edu.au