"default service" broken?

Geza Makay makayg at math.u-szeged.hu
Tue Apr 7 07:58:45 GMT 1998

Hi everyone,

I just upgraded to Samba 1.9.18p4, and the default service seems to be
broken. Here is the relevant part of the log file (with level 5):

Trying username dosfileS
checking for home directory dosfiles gave (NULL)
Allowed connection from makayg.math.u-szeged.hu (160.114.33.2) to dosfiles
Trying username dosfileS
04/07/1998 09:50:21 invalid username/password for dosfiles
Allowed connection from makayg.math.u-szeged.hu (160.114.33.2) to dosfiles
Trying username dosfileS
04/07/1998 09:50:21 invalid username/password for dosfiles

The last three lines repeats several times as I try it again. It seems to
me that Samba tries to connect to the dosfiles share as a home directory,
which is not the case, it is rather one of the default services:

[global]
   default service = cdroms

[cdroms]
   path = /mnt/cdroms/%S
   writable = no
   printable = no
   browseable = no
   valid users = root @group

Could someone check this, if I am right in thinking that the default
service is broken? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Geza

*           Name: Geza Makay                                            *
*      Institute: Jozsef Attila University of Szeged                    *
*           Mail: Bolyai Institute, Aradi vertanuk tere 1.              *
*                 H-6720, Szeged, Hungary                               *
*            Tel: (62) 454-091 (Hungary's code: 36)                     *
*    Fax/Message: (62) 326-246 (Hungary's code: 36)                     *
*         E-mail: makayg at math.u-szeged.hu                               *
* World Wide Web: http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/                          *