SAMBA digest 1647

Dejonghe, Koen Koen.Dejonghe at be.origin-it.com
Tue Apr 7 06:00:16 GMT 1998

Very very very cool. I have been thinking of this one myself. I
thought I tested it and that I came to the conclusion that Samba did
not recognize named pipes, and just treated them like normal files
(overwriting them when you drag a text file onto them). But I must
have made a mistake somewhere. It' perfect.
The way I will set it up is like this: a Progress program will sit on
a named pipe and wait for input. As soon as something comes in, it
will start reading and pump the data into the database. The bar-code
readers can send the information onto the named pipe.
Thanks very much.