New Samba Install

Pam Buffington pam at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 3 22:53:32 GMT 1998

Hello Everyone,
   We've run Samba for awhile now. Unfortunately we're redoing everything.
We're installing samba 1.9.18p3 on a Solaris 2.5.1 Dual PII/300Mhz machine.
We're wanting to do user authenication through 1 of several ways.
- Through the NT server. We currently have in the conf file:
security=server
password server = (The name of our PDC)
OR
- Through a UNIX /etc/passwd style file that is not in /etc/passwd and is
not a shadow passwd.

PLEASE Help us! :) People who have accounts on our PDC, but aren't in our
shadow password can't login right now.

Any clues would be appreciated. Unfortunately the person that set this up
last time is no longer working for us, so this is our first time setting it
up.

PS: If it helps our original machine was a Sun0S 4.1.3_U1 Sparc 2.

Pam