DST problem with samba on Solaris and NT4 clients

Gert-Jan Vons vons at ocegr.fr
Fri Apr 3 17:35:08 GMT 1998

Hi all,

last sunday, we went to daylight savings time here in Paris, France.

All PCs moved the clock an hour forward at the boot on monday, our
Solaris 2.5 system also changed the time correctly.

What we observe now is that when PC clients create files on the Unix
filesystem using Samba, the timestamp of the Unix file is correct
when I look at it under Solaris, but there is 1 hour difference
when reading the file time on the PC, the file is created 1 hour
in the future.

We are running Samba 1.9.18p4 under Solaris 2.5.1, and have NT4SP3 on
our clients.

PCs are set to the "Paris, Madrid, Amsterdam" timezone with the "adjust
clock for DST changes" option selected. On the Unix side, /etc/TIMEZONE
contains TZ=MET.

The setup looks fine to me, both PC and Unix system individually display
the correct time.

All systems have been rebooted since last sunday, so it can't be a problem
of a running samba keeping the wrong state or something.

Does this ring a bell for someone ?

	Gert-Jan
---
Quote of the day:
"If there are no stupid questions, then what sort of questions
 do stupid people ask?"
    - Dogbert