Password changing...

Dmitry V. Ketov kotoff at lime.hop.stu.neva.ru
Thu Apr 2 00:53:42 GMT 1998

Hello samba gurus!!!

I have samba-1.9.18p4 installed on Linux RH5.0.
Ability to change the SMB password from a Windows 95 client is very
fine,
but if 'normal' user have no password and record in smbpasswd file apper
like this
user:uid:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:.....

then no chance to change password from a Windows 95 client,
and by using smbpasswd.

[user at lime user]$ smbpasswd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
smbpasswd: machine 127.0.0.1 rejected the session request. Error was :
code 131.

In my smb.conf I have hosts allow = X.X.X.0/255.255.0.0
127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255

What means Error was : code 131 and how I can solve this problem?

Thanks.
P.S. Sorry my poor English.