make samba visible

Louis Shue Louis.Shue at anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 1 09:10:37 GMT 1998

Hi all,

In our network (consisting of 2 different subnets), we have some Win 95 PCs
and one samba server. The subnets are 'bridged' (if this is the right
word?) so that the PCs can all see each other in the Network Neighbourhood.
Also, all the PCs and the Samba server are in the same workgroup. However,
for some reason, only PCs on the same subnet as the Samba server can see
it, but the PCs on the other subnet cannot see the Samba server at all. I
am using the default smb.conf file (barring the changes to hosts allow
line). Can someone please tell me what I need to change in order to make
Samba visible in both subnets?

Thanks in advance.

Louis.