Samba & perfomance

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Tue Sep 30 11:12:00 GMT 1997

Fyodor Ustinov <ufm at prospect.com.ru> wrote:

: I change my file server from NT 4.0 to Samba (17p2). And i get some
: troubles with
: Access (2 and 97) perfomance. After moving all bases from NT server to
: samba server Access work slower ~10 times.

What OS are you using? In any casem the most important parameter I have
found to affect performance is "socket options". Try this in your
smb.conf file:

socket options = TCP_NODELAY

This should speed up Samba considerably.

Also read Speed.txt in the Samba documentation directory.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department