SAMBA performance

Eloy A. Paris eparis at ven.ra.rockwell.com
Mon Sep 29 03:35:55 GMT 1997

Hi,

I am very interested in the results. Will you have access to them?
If so, would you post them here?

Thank!

E.-

Jim Morris <jmorris at ro.com> wrote:

: Well - they are fixing to setup an NT server for the sole reason of
: benchmarking it against the Samba server - with the goal being speed.  I
: am trying hard to convince them not to waste time doing so. After all,
: they have been running on a Linux/Samba solution for 2 years with very
: high reliability. I think management has heard too much of the NT Server
: hype in the media, is the only reason for this hype.

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department