Samba 1.9.17 fails to truncate share mode file (fwd)

Boorman Tim Boorman.Tim at Lusis.com
Fri Sep 26 10:24:58 GMT 1997

Thank you for the information that you have passed on to me. My own
research has found that ftruncate is quite happy to set a file to the
same size that it is already, so something else must be causing the
problem. The comment before the ftruncate in set_share_mode says the
file is being truncated just for safety, so normally it is probably not
necessary to truncate the file.

Regards,
	Tim