Samba & Network Neighborhood

Mark Lehrer mark at lehrer.nlcomm.com
Fri Sep 26 04:38:46 GMT 1997

Hello!

I am puzzled here - I have two Samba systems ; one on each
different network that I am working with.  One of them allows
local Windoze 95 machines to view the server via network
Neighborhood; the other does not.  In both networks, I am
able to mount shares.

I have checked options; as many as I could think of, but no
luck.  I am stumped.  Both of them are configured as NT
domain controllers; in fact, both are using the same config
file (except for the workgroup name)

So my question: what allows a system to be viewed by opening
the network neighborhood in Win95?  How can I configure Samba
to do this?

Thanks,
Mark