Implementing SAMBA w/ Automounter

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Sep 23 15:40:50 GMT 1997

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Jeff Newton wrote:

> I checked the archives and automounter is only mentioned for home dirs.
>
> Our organization would like to implement SAMBA but we have over 150
> mount points.  Is there a way we can use automounter maps with
> SAMBA?
>
> Having to edit smb.conf each time we add/remove a mount point would be quite
> annoying and time consuming.

write a perl or awk script which generates a smb.conf.amd file, and have
include = smb.conf.amd in your main smb.conf file.

yes, i would like to see automounter map support in samba, amongst other
things.

luke

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (lkcl at switchboard.net)
Web site under construction  (http://mailhost.cb1.com/~lkcl)
"Confront difficulties while they are still easy"