passwd program

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Tue Sep 23 09:54:51 GMT 1997

Hi all.  I understand there is a 'passwd program' option for smb.conf.

Now that I'm using encrypted passwd's, the users would have to use two
password programs to change their passwords.

Can someone tell me how this works, and if its possible to have them
change their passwd from either a web browser, or right from NT 4.0, and
have it reflect the changes in /etc/passwd and /etc/smbpasswd?

This is linux 2.0.31-pre9, samba-1.9.17p1, using NT 4.0 SP3 clients, and
possibly NT 3.51, if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
Dave Wreski