logging out hangs win95 consistently

Charles Owens owensc at enc.edu
Mon Sep 22 15:41:04 GMT 1997

Any news on this front?  How goes the battle?

I've been sent a suggestion that I configure my clients to use DNS for
Windows Network name resolution, and just circumnavigate the whole WINs
thing.  Somehow my reading of various sources had left me with the
impression that there were some problems with doing this... but I'm going
to play with it a bit this afternoon.   Any comments as to why this may or
may not be a good idea?

In any case, of course, I would still very much like to see this nasty
nmd bug squashed (at least the current theory seems to be that the fault
lies with nmbd).

thanks,

chuck

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Charles Owens wrote:
>
> > Luke,
> >
> > Just so you know, I've generated a level 10 nmbd log and sent it to Jeremy
> > Allison, per his request.  I haven't heard from him since, but it didn't
> > bounce back to me so I'm assuming he's got it.
>
> he's ill at the mo :-(
>
> > If you would also like to see this log, holler.  Its big:  1.8 megs!
>
> agh!

---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc at enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx