does samba work on solaris2.5.1

Doug Hughes Doug.Hughes at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Sep 19 13:10:52 GMT 1997

We've had Samba running (16p9, 16p11, 17p1) running on Solaris2.5.1
for quite some time now. It works just fine. We have it running on
2.5 and 2.5.1 machines (mostly the former now, as we finish the
upgrades - soon 2.6 *sigh*)

I've never seen that problem. Is it possible you used different compile
options? Have you tried enabling/disabling FAST_SHARE_MODES?

We use -DSUNOS5 -DSHADOW_PWD -DNETGROUP -DNO_STRFTIME -DFAST_SHARE_MODES -DUFC_CRYPT

 Doug Hughes				Engineering Network Services
 doug at eng.auburn.edu			Auburn University