does samba work on solaris 2.5.1?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Sep 19 12:43:24 GMT 1997

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Gabe Grigorescu wrote:

> I've had samba 1.9.17p1 running perfectly on solaris 2.5 on an ultra, but
> I've started a new samba server on another ultra running 2.5.1.  It does
> not work (if I try to open it in the network neighborhood it says "\\name
> is not accessible, the remote computer is not available".
>
> Someone else reported exactly the same thing that I'm seeing:
>
> ERROR smb_shm_open : mmap failed with code 11

this was because that user had nfs mounted the var/locks directory.  as
soon as they made the samba/var/locks directory local to the machine,
smb_shm_open worked.

> and in the log.nmb I see:
>
> 08/07/97 15:20:14 couldn't find service web$
>
> I have no such services...  Any clues?

create such a service in the smb.conf file, and see what happens.

luke

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (lkcl at switchboard.net)
Web site under construction  (http://mailhost.cb1.com/~lkcl)
"Deal with difficult problems while they are still easy"