Home directories

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Fri Sep 19 04:55:25 GMT 1997

Hi all.   YAP (Yet Another Problem).  I recently posted about the correct
way to deal with encrypted vs nonencrypted passwords.  I've gotten that to
work, but I don't think its correct.  So I'd still appreciate any ideas.

Now my problem is I can browse the list of shares, but can't use any of
them.  This is NT4, Linux 2.0.31-pre9, samba-1.9.17p1.  No SP3 patch
applied.

I currently have the following information:

[wwwadmin]
   comment = WWW Admin
   path = /tmp
   valid users = steve
   public = no
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0765

I can see this share, but I can't get into it.  No matter what username I
use, it always responds with incorrect username.

God a really hate windows.  I can't remember the last time I lost my cool
like this.  I would have no problem pushing Bill Gates into oncoming
traffic.  None whatsoever.

Dave