WINS server

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Fri Sep 19 04:20:58 GMT 1997

Hi all.  Ok, I'm sufficiently pissed off now.  Hopefully someone can help.
Since I have no NT4 servers on the network, I'd like to be domain master,
and a wins server.  So I've added the following to the global section:

   local master = yes
   os level = 33
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   wins support = yes

And now I receive the following message:

reply_netbios_packet: r_a not to be used when not a WINS server

Do I have everything I need to configure Linux samba to correctly be
primary domain master?  I have WINS support configured as this linux
server in my NT 4.0 workstation configuration..

Thanks,
Dave