More fun with DCE...

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Thu Sep 18 18:07:12 GMT 1997

Well, I have not yet found anyone running Transarc's DCE for Solaris with
Samba yet, and I'm starting to understand why. So far I have had compile
problems, linking problems, and now it appears I've found a bug (or at
least Samba did) in Transarc's DCE Development code. Perhaps I'm wrong,
here's the error, perhaps some of you more C oriented programmers can shed
some light on this for me... (maybe not):

Assertion failed: pthread_tcb_key != 0, file
/afs/transarc.com/product/devkit/1.1_sol2.5/sb/rel11_25_us/src/sol_pth/pthread.c, line 541
Segmentation Fault(coredump)

Unfortunately, I don't get source from Transarc.

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753