DCE DFS Samba...

Murray Barrett murrayb at ca.ibm.com
Wed Sep 17 14:30:33 GMT 1997

Sorry for the delay in responding.  I was away for a couple of weeks
and I have been slow in catching up with this list.  I use Samba to
provide access to both AFS and DCE/DFS.  If you are still having trouble,
I can try to help.  I'm running 1.9.16p11 through 1.9.17 on AIX 4.1.5.

The first thing to look for in the logs are the "DCE login succeeded for
principal ..." messages.  If you are not seeing these, or one of the
failure message, then it would seem that dfs_auth is not being called.
"dfs_auth" is the procedure in "password.c" which sets up and validates a
DCE context.  I have patched the code to fix a bug or two and also to
allow authentication to different cells for different shares.  I keep
meaning to post the diffs but by the time I get around to getting them
ready, a new level of the code has been released.  (Note: This is _not_ a
complaint! ;)

Murray R. Barrett, IBM Toronto Lab, Development Distributed Services
Phone: (416) 448-6054  -  Tieline: 778-6054
Lotus Notes mail: Murray Barrett/Toronto/IBM at IBMCA
IBM internal: murrayb at ibmca  -  Internet: murrayb at ca.ibm.com

samba at samba.anu.edu.au on 09/10/97 04:08:58 PM
Please respond to dgorski at ford.com @ internet