PAM and SAMBA

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Tue Sep 16 19:41:56 GMT 1997

> > BTW, I'm pretty sure that samba authentication against encrypted passwords
> > doesn't use PAM at all. If someone developed a suitable module, it could
> > be, and that would let you do some other PAM stuff as well. I don't know
> > whether it would be worth the effort though.
>
> oh, yeh - it would.  it would make other unix vendors aware of the
> advantages of PAM.

Or perhaps unix admins. Anyone got good docs on PAM? A URL?

P.S. - Any DCE folks out there yet?

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753