NT logins

Michael Will Michael_Will at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Sep 16 17:55:13 GMT 1997

Not sure if I sent this to the wrong address, but I'm sending this again to
the correc t one.  Sorry if you get it twice...

We recently acquire a bunch of NT 4.0 clients which are tyring to connect
to the SAMBA servers.  We where running SAMBA 1.9.6p9 which failed to
authenticate.

After upgrading the server to SAMBA 1.9.17a5 we still had the problem and I
notice the readme about the NT authentication and passwords.  Is this the
only known fix to modify the registry on the NT clients in order to have
the connect, or is there something else I can do on the UNIX or SAMBA side.
Or... will this be changed in the next release of SAMBA.

Thanks.

Michael

--
Michael Will                    |   Voice: (202) 767-0955
Naval Research Lab Code 8140    |   Fax:   (202) 404-8918
4555 Overlook Ave. SW           |   E-mail: will at kingcrab.nrl.navy.mil
Washington, DC 20375

Key fingerprint =  B5BC B3BB 8995 D642 309F  9A12 9C4F D4A2 9774 DD13