Forced User option

Steven Law steve at maths.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 16:48:03 GMT 1997

Hi

I have been trying this very useful option out on one of our win95 PC's.
The head of dept (username hod) also wants to be able to access his own
account (martin).  He logs on as hod and mounts sharename martin as
drive G.  I put the "force user = martin" in the list associated with
this sharename and HUP'd the smb daemon. Although he can access drive G,
files are still being created as hod on drive G.

I thought the force user option would create files on drive G owned by
martin.  Am I mis-reading the idea behind this parameter ?

Regards
Steve Law
--
Computing Officer
Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Edinburgh University.
Phone: 0131 650 5037 , Email: steve at maths.ed.ac.uk
Home Page: http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~steve