Domain Logons Gotcha!

Andy_Barsby at tectonic.co.uk Andy_Barsby at tectonic.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 13:42:40 GMT 1997

Hi,

I just thought I'd let everyone know that I recently experienced the
following problem when trying to implement Domain Logon's with Samba.  I
followed all of the instructions in the help file 'Domain.txt' but when I
tried to connect using my Win 95 client I got the following error message:
Microsoft Networking 'Incorrect Parameter'.

To cut a long story short this error was caused because our Domain Name was
the same as our Samba Server Name.  Changing either one of these names
solved the problem.  I don't think I've seen this one documented anywhere.

Can you have the same Domain/Server names or is this a bug?

Cheers

Andy