Logon problems

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Tue Sep 16 15:14:57 GMT 1997

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, Odd Arne Hauge wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Very often we have problem with our samba-server. All the users are unable
> to logon to it. The error message is "No domain server is available...." If
> we runs nmblookup -S "sambaservername" at the samba-server when we have
> this problem we receives the message:
> Looking up status of 0.0.0.0

there is a bug in 1.9.16p1 or so, which gets 0.0.0.0 into the wins.dat
file, which is a bad idea.

> The samba versin is 1.9.17p1, the machine is a HP D350 running HP-UX 10.20.
> The important part of the smb.conf file looks like this:
>   domain master = yes
>   local master = yes
>   preferred master = yes
>   domain logons = yes
>   logon script = logon.bat
>   os level = 255
>   security = user
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem.

yes.

terminate nmbd, delete the var/locks/wins.dat file, and restart nmbd.  if
the problem persists, contact me.  (take 2 of these, daily...)

luke

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton (lkcl at switchboard.net)
"Deal with difficult problems while they are still easy"