Logon problems

Odd Arne Hauge Odd.Hauge at hiMolde.no
Tue Sep 16 11:52:54 GMT 1997

Hi.

Very often we have problem with our samba-server. All the users are unable
to logon to it. The error message is "No domain server is available...." If
we runs nmblookup -S "sambaservername" at the samba-server when we have
this problem we receives the message:
Looking up status of 0.0.0.0

If we kills and starts the nmbd process everything is OK for a while and
the nmblookup returns the server's ip-adress and the netbios and
workgroup-name.

The samba versin is 1.9.17p1, the machine is a HP D350 running HP-UX 10.20.
The important part of the smb.conf file looks like this:
  domain master = yes
  local master = yes
  preferred master = yes
  domain logons = yes