DCE DFS Samba...

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Fri Sep 12 14:59:02 GMT 1997

smbd runs from inetd as root. This is so that smbd can change UID's to
become the actual user connecting (or at least that's how I understand
it). I believe that root already has creds becuase of the principal entry
for the host. I guess I need to talk to the DCE folk who coded for Samba.
I'm not a C programmer, nor a DCE developer, but I do support it as an
application (DCE/DFS) and would love to let my PC users have access to the
cell.

I found some code in password.c that reads as follows:

DEBUG(0,("DCE login succeeded for principal %s on pid %d\n",this_user,
getpid()));

I never see this message (nor any saying it fails) in my logfiles. Help?

                                [Darrin]

 "I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious."
				- A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753