keyboard unusable after domain logons (SAMBA digest 1410)

Bartek Moszynski bartekm at jasio.slcj.uw.edu.pl
Wed Sep 10 21:49:10 GMT 1997

> On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Dirk De Wachter wrote:
>
> > >Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 14:39:48 +0100 (BST)
> > >From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl at switchboard.net>
> > >To: samba at samba.anu.edu.au
> > >Subject: 1.9.17alpha5 and 1.9.17: keyboard unusable after domain
> > >logons
> >
> > >is anyone else experiencing keyboard lockup from w95 after a domain
> > >logon user logs out from a samba server?  is anyone using 1.9.17 for
> > >domain logons _not_ experiencing keyboard lockup?
>
> > I'm using NT server now for domain logons, although SAMBA 1.9.16p11
> > is used for accessing shares. I've also experienced those keyboard
> > lock-ups, although - at the moment I can't reproduce it.
>
> thanks - you are the second person to confirm that keyboard lock-up
> occurs with NT server for domain logons, not just with samba for domain
> logons.
>
> although, your point about using samba shares is well noted: you still
> don't have a non-samba environment.
>
> in other words, samba could still be doing something (from 1.9.16p2 right
> up to 1.9.17p2) which tickles w95 when it does a domain logon (regardless
> of the server it domain logs on to).
>
> luke

I'm experiencing the same keyboard lockups with no samba, or Window NT,
with no domain logons !!! Just two Win95 machines connected at home. I live
in Poland, so of course I have the polish keyboard drivers installed, and
I think it is the problem. I've never tried to switch back to the original
one, so I'am not sure if it is the problem. But it *isn't* a domains logon
related problem !!!

Bartek

--
Well, well... I hate sigs, so... cya !