Windoze NIS client

Gerald W. Carter jerry at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Sep 10 19:56:31 GMT 1997

> Thomas Hansen <tmh at manbw.dk> wrote:
> >
> > If not, do anyone know of a NT product, that will enable the NT PDC
> > server to be updated by a NIS server, i.e. a NT NIS client product.
>
> Sun's Solstice Network Client 3.1 lets your Win 3.1/3.11/95/NT
> box be a NIS/NIS+/NFS client.  You can check it out at:
>
>     http://www.sun.com/solstice/guides/netclient.html
>
> It looks pretty nifty; I know some people who are running it now
> and they seem pleased with it.  I think it uses pcnfsd to
> authenticate (eek!) but other than it looks slicker than snot.

Yes. but the Solstice package does not replace the NT domain login.  It
simply offer pass through validation.  To replace the msgina.dll and
have the primary logon be NIS, you might want to take a look at NISgina.
I several links off of

	http://www.eng.auburn.edu/users/cartegw/unix-NT.html

Although based on your initial request, this might not be exactly what
you want.

j-
                          Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )