smbclient

Brian Fernald fernald at nsi.edu
Wed Sep 10 17:59:45 GMT 1997

I am receiving this error randomly when using smbclient to access pc
shares :

FINDFIRST gave ERRSRV - (Non-specific error code.)

I use smbclient with Amanda to backup pc shares. For amanda to work, it
uses smbclient to recursively scan through the entire directory tree and
get total MB size of each directory. The problem is that when trying to
enter some directories it gives the above error and then skips the
directory all together.  Does anyone know what causes this?

Brian Fernald
fernald at nsi.edu