1.9.17p1 & WINS msgs

Tim Rand tim at stlouis.datapage.com
Tue Sep 9 22:11:28 GMT 1997

I am getting copious quantities (300 + in the last four hours) of the
following messages in my log.nmb file.  What have I done wrong?

 >WINS server did not respond to name registration!
and then many many:
 >reply_netbios_packet: r_a not to be used when not a WINS server
 >reply_netbios_packet: r_a not to be used when not a WINS server
 >reply_netbios_packet: r_a not to be used when not a WINS server
 >reply_netbios_packet: r_a not to be used when not a WINS server

I JUST upgraded from 1.9.16p9 when the messages started.  I probably have
something wrong in my config file... WHo can help?

Here is what I think to be the salient portion of my smb.conf file:
 >   workgroup = PRODUCTION
 >   domain master = yes
 >   preferred master = yes
 >   wins support = yes
 >   browseable = yes
 >   remote announce = 172.17.5.3 172.17.5.32
 >   os level = 4

My network consists of on Samba Server, (No Win NT) and a mix of WFWg and
Win 95.