More locking problems

Rob Naccarato rob.naccarato at sheridanc.on.ca
Tue Sep 9 18:52:02 GMT 1997

As a followup to my previous posting....

There was one client that seems to not want to give up it's
lock on the kix32.exe file.  Output from the smbstatus command
reveals the following:

8088   DENY_WRITE RDONLY  kix/kix32.exe   Tue Sep  9 13:46:26 1997

This file is located in the [netlogon] share and everything in there
is marked as read-only.  Why the heck should a client want a lock
on a read-only share?

Anyways, the above output was taken about 1.5 hours after the lock
was made.  What gives?

--
Rob Naccarato           "I know I'm a lot of feathers,
Sys Admin               but not much chicken."