Solaris 2.5.1 and "find"

Hal Huntley hal at sneezy.sri.com
Tue Sep 9 00:38:55 GMT 1997

I have solaris 2.5.1 and I've just installed samba-1.9.17p1.
The Windows 95 machines cannot find the samba server using
either FQDN or just partial names.  However the Windows NT 4.0
machines can find it just fine.  I'm pretty new to using samba,
so if this difficulty is answered in some common document, please
point me in the right direction.  Interestingly, we have a Sparc 20
running Solaris 2.5 that has the opposite problem; the Windows 95
machines can find the server, but the Windows NT 4.0 machines cannot.

Hal Huntley
SRI International
hal at sneezy.sri.com